The media interest was at an all time high as Belgian, Dries Van den Broecke, beat the great Marcel Hirscher during the first heat of the Team Event. Hirscher stated prior to the event that the Belgians were a team who should not be underestimated.
Time comparison of the Team Event
The 7 fastest men and women of the competition (complete results):
- Matthias Hargin (SWE), 20,69
- André Myhrer (SWE), 20,76
- Dries Van den Broecke (BEL), 20,82
- Marcel Hirscher (AUT), 20,84
- André Myhrer (SWE), 20,89
- Marcel Hirscher (AUT), 20,96
- Manuel Feller (AUT), 20,99
- Maria Pietilae-Holmner (SWE), 21,85
- Wendy Holdener (SUI), 21,90
- Veronika Velez-Zuzulová (SVK), 21,95
- Petra Vlhova (SVK), 22,03
- Frida Hansdotter (SWE), 22,04
- Veronika Velez-Zuzulová (SVK), 22,04
- Adeline Baud-Mugnier (FRA), 22,04
Hirscher and Feller of Austria were amongst the fastest in the field. Remarkably, all four of the Swedes were also amongst the quickest. As a result, there was a thrillingly close head-to-head competition between the two nations until a mistake made by Feller.
We continue with the technical events
We would like to congratulate the Austrian team on a strong performance against the fastest in the competition, who took out bronze. The Slovaks won silver as they were narrowly defeated by the French Team. A massive gefeliciteerd to Belgian Dries Van den Broecke on being the first to defeat Marcel Hirscher in a Team Event at a Ski World Championship. We would especially like to congratulate Matthias Hargin on the fastest time of the day. Hargin’s wife and freeride skier, Matilda Rapaport tragically passed away two months after their wedding whilst filming in Chile in 2016.
We look forward to the rest of the technical events and wish all the athletes best of luck. Who are your favourites in the upcoming competitions?
Latest posts by Sasi (see all)
- Skiing Pain Unveiled: 5 Common Pains You Can Avoid! - 7. October 2023
- How Can I Become A Ski Instructor? - 8. November 2018
- Patrick Nairz from the Avalanche Warning Service Tirol: “The fundamental rule is: adjust your tour to the conditions.” - 7. December 2017